Monday, August 17, 2009

Food Bucket List

If you've read my previous post, then you know about the 21-day challenge. If you don't know about it, go read my other post. It's only right down there. I digress. In efforts to prepare for the challenge, I'm trying to make a food bucket list. I'm also trying to load up on as much of the foods I won't be able to have during the challenge. To that end I had a bacon cheeseburger with mayo today. It was delicious and gross at the same time. Thus far I've only been able to think of a few things to put on the food bucket list. I have to have wings at least once. I want to have some breakfast foods. I also want my grandma to make me an egg in a cup. It's this thing I used to have at her house all the time as a kid. The big question is what am I missing from my list.

It's not that I won't be able to eat what I want after the 21 days are up or that I'll be forced into something. I guess I think that perhaps I'd like to stop eating meat, at least try. I tried to do that for awhile, but I didn't give it the old college try. I should have tried harder to follow through on it.

Now is my chance to give it a real, honest try. For an introduction into one reason behind giving up at least red meat go here. I'll say now that I think there are too many assumptions as part of that article to really "debunk" anything. From a pro-environmental perspective eating local is a great idea, especially when you want to continue eating meat. Go here for a local, small-business grocery store selling local meat. Support local business and local farmers.

No comments: